TennCare is Tennessee’s Medicaid system. It covers more than 1.5 million Tennesseeans. CoverKids is Tennessee’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). It covers children and pregnant women. While they are different program, both are administered by the Tennessee State Division of TennCare. In 2018 an estimated 55,719 children were eligible for TennCare or CoverKids but were not enrolled. (Data from: https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data#TN)
How can we help
Our Healthcare Access Specialists proved FREE, unbiased guidance on health insurance options available through the Marketplace, Medicaid (TennCare), and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CoverKids).
Our Healthcare Access Specialists can help with the TennCare application process through www.tenncareconnect.tn.gov website. We can help to:
- Create a TennCare Connect account
- Complete and submit an application
- Identify and explain eligibility result
- Upload documents to support the application
- Find current eligibility status in the TennCare system.
- Explain TennCare coverage
After you have applied or enrolled we can help to:
- Complete the renewal process
- Send requested documents to TennCare
- Educate about coverage and how to use it
- Assists with updating information including income change, address change, removing or adding household members and more.
- Assist with TennCare/CoverKids eligibility appeals
- Answer questions about TennCare or CoverKids eligibility and coverage.
How to connect to a Healthcare Access Specialist
- Call our toll-free number 1-866-475-7879, to schedule an appointment with a Healthcare Access Specialist. Our trained staff will screen you and schedule an appointment for you based on your need and availability.
- You can schedule your own appointment by clicking on Schedule an Appointment button on the home page.
You can choose a phone appointment or in-person appointment, then your region. Once the booking page is open, you will select service. TennCare/CoverKids Phone appointment or Marketplace Phone Appointment and then you will choose date and time based on your availability.
What information do I need to complete my application?
- If you already have a TennCare Connect account, have your username and password ready.
- If you do not remember your account information, we can help you reset your password using your email address.
To submit new application, you will need:
- Email address, if you have one
- Information about who is in your household
- Home and/or mailing address
- Social Security Number, if you have one
- Immigration document information, if you have an immigration status
- Proof of income for everyone in your household
- Health coverage information (this only applies if anyone who is applying currently has a health plan)